In this week’s episode, John Dumas shares how you can plan, launch and promote a successful podcast. There is an amazing amount of resources he talks to help make launching your podcast even easier, which are all listed down below.
- A podcast allows you to make a deeper connection with your audience than a blog, because they can hear your enthusiasm and passion.
- A podcast allows you to literally get inside your ideal customer’s head while they’re doing simple tasks like commuting or climbing the stairmaster…letting them focus on what you’re saying.
- A podcast is a subscription based model, meaning you can deliver fresh content to them without them having to return to your website to see if there’s anything new.
- The Agents of Change Digital Marketing Conference: Join dozens of marketing experts for the 2nd annual Agents of Change conference! In Portland, Maine, or online!
- Voice123: A site to find professional voice overs. It’s like 99 Designs for VOs.
- Fiverr: A site where you can find almost anyone to do almost anything for five bucks. Beware: you often get what you pay for.
- Audacity: Free software for editing a podcast.
- GarageBand: Mac-based software for editing a podcast. (What we use here at The Marketing Agents.)
- Adobe Audition: Professional-level software from Adobe. It also comes as part of the Creative Cloud which gives you the full Adobe suite for $50/mo.
- Call Recorder: An app that lets you record your audio and video on Skype for podcast interviews.
- Libsyn: Hosting for your podcast.
- Amazon S3: Another hosting option for your podcast. Might be a better option if you do video podcasts.
- Entrepreneur On Fire: John Dumas’s popular podcast about the entrepreneurial journey.
- Podcast Launch: John’s amazing ebook that walks you through every step of launching your podcast and getting into New & Noteworthy.