Trying to come up with new content on a regular basis can become a frustrating task, especially considering how many outlets there are these days to provide content for: blog posts, podcasts, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube…the list goes on.
Figuring out how to creatively repurpose some of your own content can be the key to not only invigorating new life into your work, but also giving you more bang for your buck. Once you realize it’s not about how much content you can create but rather about doing more research, polishing it more and then promoting it more using some creative techniques, you’ll find that taking one recent presentation that you created can actually provide you with material for a blog post, a podcast, a few Twitter posts and more.
Gini Dietrich is the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, an integrated marketing communication firm in Chicago. Gini is an author, blogger, speaker and proven authority on such topics as creating content, building an online community and developing an online reputation, and is one of the top rated communication professionals on the social networks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Have you ever wondered if you can really grow your business through content creation?
From fire starters to different types of content fuel, you’ll discover how to grow your business by creating the right type of content.
- There are two types of content “fuel” that will propel your business to success: primary fuel and nuclear fuel.
- Primary fuel can be used regularly and liberally. These include how-to’s, case studies, news and so on.
- Nuclear fuel creates a big splash. These are in depth reviews, longer format content, industry surveys and more. They take too much time to create regularly, so space them out and consider using them if you’re trying to reach a goal for opt-ins or registrations.
- Use “fire starters” to quickly build your reach. Fire starters are the people who have access to the audience you are targeting.
- To market your content without being pushy, consider looking for guest blogging opportunities to leverage existing audiences, as well as asking your current readers to share your content with their networks.
- Use this link to grab your Social Media Success Summit tickets and get a free digital pass to The Agents of Change Digital Marketing Conference! That’s a $149 ticket to AOC for free! If you grab your ticket for SMSS by Friday, August 16th, you can save an additional $320 off your ticket to the world’s largest online social media conference.
- Check out Social Media Examiner, the daily blog with great how-to content on social media marketing.
- Be sure to subscribe to Mike’s Social Media Marketing Podcast on iTunes…required listening if social media marketing is part of your job!
- And if you haven’t yet, please head on over to iTunes and give The Marketing Agents Podcast a review! We appreciate any feedback you’ve got. Thanks!