In this week’s episode, Michael Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner and author of the book Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition, shares with us the secrets of how your business can create valuable content that will attract an audience and build your business.
From fire starters to different types of content fuel, you’ll discover how to grow your business by creating the right type of content.
And be sure to check out the show notes below for an amazing deal on Social Media Success Summit & The Agents of Change Digital Marketing Conference!
- There are two types of content “fuel” that will propel your business to success: primary fuel and nuclear fuel.
- Primary fuel can be used regularly and liberally. These include how-to’s, case studies, news and so on.
- Nuclear fuel creates a big splash. These are in depth reviews, longer format content, industry surveys and more. They take too much time to create regularly, so space them out and consider using them if you’re trying to reach a goal for opt-ins or registrations.
- Use “fire starters” to quickly build your reach. Fire starters are the people who have access to the audience you are targeting.
- To market your content without being pushy, consider looking for guest blogging opportunities to leverage existing audiences, as well as asking your current readers to share your content with their networks.
- Use this link to grab your Social Media Success Summit tickets and get a free digital pass to The Agents of Change Digital Marketing Conference! That’s a $149 ticket to AOC for free! If you grab your ticket for SMSS by Friday, August 16th, you can save an additional $320 off your ticket to the world’s largest online social media conference.
- Check out Social Media Examiner, the daily blog with great how-to content on social media marketing.
- Be sure to subscribe to Mike’s Social Media Marketing Podcast on iTunes…required listening if social media marketing is part of your job!
- And if you haven’t yet, please head on over to iTunes and give The Marketing Agents Podcast a review! We appreciate any feedback you’ve got. Thanks!