Social media is like secret weapon for small businesses…it allows us to build loyalty, create deeper connections with our audience, and build our business.
But for too many small business, social media is still something that seems like a foreign language. They don’t know how to make it part of their every day activity.
In this week’s episode, we bring in Jeff Korhan, author of Built In Social: Essential Social Marketing Practices for Every Small Business, to walk us through how we can use social to grow our own businesses.
- Understanding the impact of social may be more important than using it. These days, customers often have more information on our products or services than our sales force because of social.
- Use social to listen. Even if you’re not sure how to participate, you can at least use social to listen to what your customers are saying.
- Social has democratized media. Getting in front of your ideal customers used to be expensive…but with social media the costs have plummeted, giving small businesses new opportunities.
- Be in the answer business. Find out what your ideal customers are asking, and be prepared to answer those questions through social.
- Don’t get overwhelmed. Focus on your goals and plans, and use the social media tools that help you accomplish those goals.
- The Agents of Change Digital Marketing Conference: The conference itself is over, but you can still get full access to all the sessions on demand…and as a listener of The Marketing Agents Podcast, you can save $50 with the promo code “tmap.”
- JeffKorhan.com: Be sure to check out Jeff’s website for more great info!
- Built In Social: Grab a copy of Jeff’s book at Amazon or your local book store. (aff link)
- Never miss another episode of The Marketing Agents Podcast! You can head on over to iTunes now and subscribe!