In this episode of The Marketing Agents Podcast, we explore where to put your focus, developing a platform, and owning the inbox.
We’ll also talk about how to get your adoring audience to pony up for paid content after they’ve been lapping up all your free stuff, and where Ricky Gervais went wrong.
Plus, don’t forget to stick around for the end of the podcast for a special offer for TMAP listeners!
- The Impact Equation:
Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)
R = Reach
E = Exposure
A = Articulation
T = Trust
E = Echo
- Play to your strengths. You need to look at each one of the elements in the Impact Equation, and determine where your strengths lie. Focus on those as they will have the biggest impact on your impact.
- Get a platform. Without a platform you own, you don’t control your destiny.
- Own the inbox. It’s where most of us start and end our day. It has its limitations (Google doesn’t care about it and there’s little social proof in an email delivered to you), but it’s a powerful one-on-one communications tool.
- Create an emotional connection with you audience. Use storytelling to connect. Chris gave the example of the two types of recipe books, one that’s all about recipes, and one that tells a backstory.
- The Agents of Change Digital Marketing Conference: See Chris Brogan keynote the 2nd annual conference all about search, social & mobile marketing! Save $25 on your physical or digital pass with the discount code TMAP.
- Chris Brogan: Where you can find all things Broganesque.
- 30/30: Chris recommends this powerful productivity app for iOS.
- Work Like You’re On Vacation: A six week course delivered via email, run through Chris’s Human Business Works (by friend Rob Hatch), that provides you with a framework for more focused, productive work habits that are based on how YOU work.
- Marvel Unlimited: Think Netflix for Marvel Comics.